The Canal du Midi – France
Aboard The Anjodi
Stunning scenery and superb cuisine with your expert photographic tutors
Confirmed Dates: TBC FOR 2019
Please Note: Price is confirmed at time of booking.
CANAL DU MIDI LUXURY PHOTOGRAPHY CRUISE
Marseillan to Le Somail
Photography Cruise Timings: STILL TBC FOR 2019
- Visit to Pezenas, a village associated with the playwright Molière
- Private wine tasting at the 14th century Château de Perdiguier
- Cruise through the world’s oldest canal tunnel at Malpas
- See the spectacular hilltop village of Minerve
- Narbonne’s Archbishop’s Palace and colourful market
- View the Pyrenees mountains across the vineyards and discover Cathar history
- Tour Carcassonne – the most complete medieval fortified city in existence
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
Included in the Cruise Price
- Flights to and from the UK (London)
- Transfers on agreed scheduled dates to and from scheduled airports or railway stations
- Guided Cruise and all Tuition
- One Night Pre-Cruise Hotel
- All Tours and Visits
- All Food and Drinks (with the exception below*1)
Fine dining aboard your vessel
All meals on board are prepared fresh by your chef and most meals are a set menu (there is no choice available).
We are able to arrange special meals, e.g. vegetarian / no fish / vegan etc and we are able to cater for any preferences or allergies. However, it is important that we are notified of any specific requirements at least 8 weeks prior to your departure date. Failure to notify us in advance of your cruise may result in disappointment on board. There is no assigned seating for meals and the dining table on Anjodi seats all guests at single sittings.
Breakfast: Your day on Anjodi starts with a wholesome and balanced variety of breakfast foods, along with fresh breads and pastries, freshly squeezed orange juice and hot beverages.
Lunch is usually buffet style with colourful salads, pates and cold meats accompanied by hot soup or entrée, delicious deserts and a selection of regional cheeses accompanied by quality wines selected by the chef.
Dinner is a candlelit four course gourmet experience where our chef showcases his repertoire of dining delights. Harmonising food and wine is essential to the dining experience and our chef selects only the best of locally produced wines to compliment the cuisine.
Captain’s Farewell Dinner is held on the last night of your cruise. Guests may choose to dress slightly formal.
Drinks included in the cruise price: Non-alcoholic beverages and regular or decaffeinated tea and coffee, whole or low fat milk, are offered with all meals. The well-stocked bar is open 24 hours, which includes wines, spirits, beers and soft drinks (*1). All wines are provided with meals and there is a Champagne welcome on arrival.
(*1) Whilst virtually all of your drinks are included in the price of this cruise a few special brands of Champagne and special vintage wines are not. However, these can be purchased in advance of your cruise at cost price – please let us know if you would wish to purchase any of these items.
Noisette d’Agneau des Corbières en Croûte de Sel Sauce Romarin; Ragout de Calamars à la Provençale; Bouillabaisse
Domaine Gourgazaud, La Livinière, Minervois; Château les Voute-Gasparets, Corbières, Romain Pauc; Limoux Toques et Clochers, Chardonnay
Proposed Itinerary** and Course Plan*
Arrival Day, Narbonne
Sunday, Day 2 Marseillan
Monday, Day 3 Marseillan to Portiragnes
Tuesday, Day 4 Portiragnes to Beziers
Wednesday, Day 5 Beziers to Fonserannes
Thursday, Day 6 Fonserranes to Capestang
Friday, Day 7 Capestang to Le Somail
Saturday, Day 8 Le Somail
NB: * Itinerary is subject to change based on eventualities outside Capture and Create’s control. **Depending on start point, the Cruise itinerary may run in reverse.
- Cabin Price ON APPLICATION
- Single Occupancy Price ON APPLICATION
- Deposit of 50% of total price required at time of booking.
- Final Balance to be paid 14 weeks before departure date.
What you will need for your trip
- Any camera with a reasonable capacity memory card, such as 8GB – or higher – compatible with your camera.
- If you have a selection of lenses, then please feel free to bring them with you.
- A tripod would be beneficial but not necessary.
- We recommend you bring a laptop computer equipped with a minimum of 4GB RAM, ideally with either Photoshop CS6 (or Creative Cloud) and additionally Lightroom installed***.
***If you do not have this software installed, don’t worry, we can help you download a free 30 day trial directly from Adobe, which will be fine for the duration of the course.
NB: A tablet device will probably not suffice for the more advanced image editing tasks we will be dealing with on the cruise.
Photography Tuition: You Will Learn
- Metering methods
- ISO settings
- White Balance control
- Why shoot RAW?
- Aperture and Shutter control
- Composition and framing
- Focusing techniques
- Landscape techniques
- Architectural techniques
- Rule of thirds
- Using your camera in low light.
- How to get the best from longer focal lengths (zoom lenses for wildlife etc., and avoid camera shake).
- Importing/Uploading Images
- Organising and cataloguing images using keywords
- White balance adjustment.
- Straightening images
- Correcting and adjusting colour
- Recovering highlights and shadows
- Cloning and healing
- Sharpening and removing image noise
- Black and white conversion
- Plug-ins and filters for creative effects
- Printing and/or exporting your images
- Organising and cataloguing images using keywords
- Using image editing software in more detail (see 2 above).
While most of the subjects above will be dealt with as we progress through your holiday, there may not be time to cover everything. Alternatively you may wish to concentrate on certain elements of the subjects listed above, and we are happy to tailor the subjects covered to our guests, so just ask or let us know what you’d like to cover either on the cruise or at the time of booking and we’ll always be on hand and happy to help.