Flower Photography Special
Flower Spectacular at Godinton House and Photoshop Workshop
21st June 2017
Join best-selling photographer Doug Harman and Photographer and renowned Photoshop Artist Sue Chapman ARPS, CPAGB for their Flower Photography Spectacular one-day workshop with exclusive access to Godinton House and Gardens. The day also includes Photoshop editing tuition so that you can shoot and learn how to edit and sort your images the same day.
Godinton House is ancient; a largely brick-built stately home with a surviving Jacobean hall, the stunning façade forms an elegant backdrop to its surrounding formal gardens. A variety of statues are also hidden around the estate, along with a two ponds one including a duck house in the wild garden orchard.
Set on the outskirts of Ashford, Godinton House and Gardens is truly a hidden gem, one that transports you into a world of elegance and splendour thanks to the grand buildings and it’s stunning formal (and informal “wild”) gardens. Famed for its spectacular displays of Delphinium, irises, wild flowers and roses and for having one of the longest Yew hedges in England, this is a photographic opportunity not to missed.
• Ticket entry cost to Gardens is included •
Directions:Godinton House and Gardens is located just three miles from Junction 9 of the M20 near Ashford, Kent. Follow the signs to Godinton House along the A20, it is just a one minute drive to the main gate. Here’s a link to a Google map of the location:
This one day workshop comprises the following:
- 0930 – 0945 Meet and welcome at Godinton House, Ashford with coffee, introductions and day plan structure
- 0945 – 1000 An overview of the techniques we will be helping you with in camera including how to shoot panoramas, simple focus stacking, use of artistic depth of field and flower photography shooting
- 1000 Wander into the garden and enjoy our morning exclusive access, as we have the gardens to ourselves! Experiment with the various techniques suggested, guided by both Doug and Sue throughout. (You may use tripods not normally allowed on normal afternoon visits)
- 1130 – 1145 A quick refreshment break to slake your thirst!
- 1145 – 1300 More time photographing the profusion of nature, the wonderful gardens and the exterior of Godinton House
- 1300 Working Lunch (provided)
- 1400 Editing tuition – The basics of how to process your panoramas in Photoshop. Upload your own images to Lightroom or Photoshop and edit your panoramas
- 1500 Refreshments
- 1515 Editing tuition – How to process your variable focussed images in Photoshop, then continue to edit your own images.
- 1600 Share best images of the day and Q&A
- 1630 Summary and close
- This one day workshop caters for beginners to intermediate.
Workshop Cost: £139 per person
Contact Doug or Sue for more info and booking on: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Itinerary is subject to change based on weather and other eventualities outside Capture and Create’s control, but the core workshop content will remain the same. Unless very severe weather warnings are issued we will shoot in sun or rain so please be prepared for wet windy weather or sunshine! Godinton House has two greenhouses, so some indoor photography is possible even in wet conditions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entrance into Godinton House is not covered by any current Historic House or RHS membership (such as English Heritage or National Trust membership) as we have exclusive access for this workshop event.
What You Need to bring…
Although you may use the many formal pathways at Godinton House, should you wish to walk over any of the grassy areas to capture that “extra special” shot, we would still recommend waterproof walking shoes and a waterproof jacket, for when the English weather surprises us all. Of course it it’s very warm and sunny. a sun screen may be needed, fingers crossed.
- Camera gear and accessories
You will need a camera where you are able to control aperture, shutter speeds and ISO (the sensitivity). It does not need to be an SLR however. Additionally…
- A reasonable capacity memory card, such as 8GB – or higher – compatible with your camera.
- If you have other lenses, then please feel free to bring them with you.
- A tripod is required but if you do not have your own, just let us know and you may borrow one of ours. (A table top tripod will NOT be suitable, sorry).
- Your laptop with a minimum RAM of 4GB, 8GB or higher preferable.
Should you not have Photoshop pre-installed on your PC, we suggest you download a free 30 day trial directly from Adobe a few days before the start date, which will be fully functional for the workshop and allow you to get a feel for the program. Alternatively if you have another preferred software package, that is fine, but it is possible not all the techniques we are working with will be applicable to that software.
DETAILS, REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Refreshments and Working lunch.
Photographic and photo editing and guiding / instruction throughout the day
Entry fee to Godinton House Gardens only (Not house)
What’s not included:
Travel to and from your home.
A Warnborough certificate unless requested at an additional cost of £50 per student.
Full payment will secure your place on this workshop.
Bring a friend and you will both get an additional £10 off your workshop price! Use voucher code “Minus 10 for 2”