Cathedral Architectural Photography Workshop with Fine Dining
1st May 2018
Join best-selling photographer Doug Harman and Photographer and renowned Photoshop Artist Sue Chapman ARPS, CPAGB for a day of fine dining and architectural photography one-day workshop including access to Canterbury Cathedral and a first class brunch and lunch at The Ambrette. This is a mixed tutorial and practical day of Photography: You will learn what to look for in a shot, best shooting practises in low light and contrasty lighting conditions along with some neat tips and techniques.
Even if it rains, we will find plenty to do!
The entry cost to Canterbury Cathedral AND your meals at the Ambrette are included in the price of this very special workshop.
We will rendezvous and finalise our day at the Ambrette in Canterbury.
Here's a link to a Google map of the Ambrette's location:
This one-day fine dining and architectural workshop comprises the following:
- 0950 – 1000: Arrive at The Ambrette
- 1000 – 1030: Formal meet and welcome to The Ambrette and a special brunch platter and as much tea and coffee as you wish.
- 1030 – 1115: A short technical overview of how best to use your camera for shooting interior architectural shots.
- 1115 – 1130: Head to Canterbury Cathedral by foot (Approx 15 minutes)
- 1130 – 1330: Cathedral Book-In. Commence architectural shooting using a variety of different ideas and challenges as per the morning's overview. We will stay in small groups so Sue and Doug can give you expert guidance, so there's no need to panic!
- 1330 – 1345: Wend our way back to The Ambrette.
- 1345 – 1500: Lunch at The Ambrette (see menu details below which we will ask you to pre-select).
- 1500 – 1600: Time to upload images onto PC and check through some of your photos of the day, with useful critique and a few Lightroom adjustment tips and techniques from both Sue and Doug.
- 1600 Goodbyes
A choice of the following mains:-
Tender chicken biryani, mango chutney
Cucumber, mint and yogurt noodles, pickled carrots and courgettes, south Indian style aromatic sauce.
For those that do not like any kind of spice, we can do the above chicken dish without spices as well as with spices.
Wild quinoa and mushroom biriyani, mung lentil, spinach and sweet potato hash, halloumi, rosti
Cauliflower, pickled carrot, cucumber, asparagus, sprouts, sauce of green pea and herbs, crispy okra, crispy onions, mint and coriander chutney
Mumbai Street Pav Bhaji
Classical Vegetarian Street food of Mumbai. This dish is a spiced mixture of mashed vegetables in a thick gravy cooked on the flat griddle served hot with a buttered soft, white bread roll and cheese. This dish originated in the 1850’s as a fast lunchtime dish for textile mill workers in Mumbai.
Fresh fish of the day, locally grown sea spinach, and Toor lentil, fennel crusted potato
Lemon rice, pickled fennel, mustard cress, star fruit, kelp, samphire, coriander, Kerala coconut sauce. It is possible that some bones remain in the fish
Kent pears and star anise crumble
Warm Masala chai custard
Chocolate tart, cashew nut brittle, warm vanilla and brandy cream
Lemon & pomegranate bavarois
Kopra Pak, lemon verbena & white chocolate cream petals
Also included: A glass of red, or white house wine or soft drink of your choice.
Workshop Cost: £135 per person
Contact Doug or Sue for more info and booking on: email@example.com
NB: Itinerary is subject to change based on weather and other eventualities outside Capture and Create's control, but the core workshop content will remain the same. Unless very severe weather warnings are issued we will walk to the cathedral and shoot in sun or rain so please be prepared for wet windy weather or sunshine.
What You Need to bring...
Comfortable walking shoes or sandals and a waterproof jacket if the weather looks dubious!
- Camera gear and accessories
You will need a camera where you are able to control aperture, shutter speeds and ISO (the sensitivity). It does not need to be an SLR however. Additionally...
- A reasonable capacity memory card, such as 8GB – or higher – compatible with your camera.
- Ideally, a wide angle lens if you have one.
- If you have other lenses, then please feel free to bring them with you although long telephoto lens will not be much use.
- A tripod is required but if you do not have your own, just let us know and you may borrow one of ours. (A tabletop tripod will NOT be suitable, sorry).
DETAILS, REGISTRATION, AND PAYMENT
Morning brunch with coffee and tea. A 2-course gourmet lunch. Afternoon tea and coffee.
Photographic guidance/instruction throughout the day
Entry into Canterbury Cathedral
What's not included:
Travel to and from your home.
Personal insurance for your equipment on the day.
Full payment will secure your place in this workshop.
Bring a friend and you will both get an additional £10 off your workshop price! Use voucher code "Minus 10 for 2"